Account Rendered (1957 film)
Account Rendered is a 1957 British crime film directed by Peter Graham Scott and starring Griffith Jones, Ursula Howells and Honor Blackman. The film's sets were designed by Norman G. Arnold. It was made as a second feature for release by the Rank Organisation.
Original British quad poster
|Directed by||Peter Graham Scott|
|Produced by||Francis Edge |
|Written by||Pamela Barrington (novel) |
Barbara S. Harper
|Starring||Griffith Jones |
|Cinematography||Walter J. Harvey|
|Edited by||Tom Simpson|
|Distributed by||J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors|
When wealthy Lucille Ainsworth is found strangled on Hampstead Heath, Detective Inspector Marshall is put on the case. Lucille's husband Robert suspected her of being unfaithful, and had been following her. But he is just one of many suspects with a motive for murder.
- Griffith Jones as Robert Ainsworth
- Ursula Howells as Lucille Ainsworth
- Honor Blackman as Sarah Hayward
- Ewen Solon as Detective Inspector Marshall
- Carl Bernard as Gilbert Morgan
- Mary Jones as Nella Langford
- Philip Gilbert as John Langford
- John Van Eyssen as Clive Franklyn
- Robert Raikes as Detective Sergeant Berry
- Gordon Phillott as Rigby
- Doris Yorke as Landlady
- Vernon Smythe as Colonel Jarvis
- Gerda Larsen as Blondi
- Harry Ross as Bernard Goodman
- Barry Steele as Barman
- Edwin Richfield as Porter
The Radio Times called it a "substandard"; whereas Britmovie called it an "efficient b-movie murder mystery based on Pamela Barrington’s 1953 pulp novel and directed by the tireless Peter Graham Scott. The plot is fairly straightforward but entertainingly interwoven by screenwriter Barbara S Harper and cinematographer Walter J. Harvey brings an air of tension to proceedings. The cast is entirely competent but a young pre-Bond Honor Blackman shines through."
- Chibnall, Steve & McFarlane, Brian. The British 'B' Film. Palgrave MacMillan, 2009.