Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall
The Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall, established in 1905 by the Sisters of Mercy, is an independent, Roman Catholic, all-girls high school at 200 High Street in Milford, Connecticut, United States. It is part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hartford.
|Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall|
200 High Street
|Motto||Fides consequitur quodquonque petit|
(Faith attains all that it seeks)
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Sisters of Mercy|
|Enrollment||401 (as of 2018)|
|Student to teacher ratio||1:12|
|Campus size||30 acres (120,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
|Athletics||Field hockey, soccer, cross country, swimming, volleyball, basketball, cheer, indoor track, ice hockey, skiing, golf, lacrosse, tennis, softball, and track and field|
|Athletics conference||Southern Connecticut Conference|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Publication||The Looking Glass (literary magazine), Hallmarks (school magazine)|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Shine|
|Athletic Director (acting)||Jennifer Casceillo|
It is the oldest Catholic college-preparatory school for girls in Connecticut. In August 2011, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places by the Connecticut Historic Preservation Council.
Inspired by the Mercy Tradition, Lauralton Hall's mission is to empower young women to pursue their highest potential through lifelong learning, compassionate service, and responsible leadership in a global society.
The Lauralton Hall Engineering Team earned the highest score out of eight teams for its aircraft stability design presented engineers in the 2018 Sikorsky STEM Challenge, and defended their title in 2019, winning again. (In 2017, the LH Engineering Team was the first all-girl team to participate in - and win - the Sikorsky STEM Challenge.)
The LH Cheerleading Team placed first in the 2017 Class L State Championships and placed second in the SCC. In 2018, the cheer team placed second in the 2018 Class L State Championships and fifth in the 2018 New England Championships.
- "Meet the Administrators".
- "Lauralton Hall Quick Facts". Lauralton Hall.
- NEASC-CIS. "NEASC-Commission on Independent Schools". Archived from the original on June 16, 2009. Retrieved July 28, 2009.
- "Lauralton Highlights".
- "Lauralton Hall Admissions".
- AOLMLH. "School Overview". Archived from the original on May 18, 2007. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- Fairfield County Catholic, February 2011 page 15.
- Weekly List Of Actions Taken On Properties: 8/29/11 through 9/02/11
- "Engineering Team Lands Top Honors in 2018 Sikorsky STEM Challenge". Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- "Lauralton Hall reclaims Class M swim title". NewsTimes. November 16, 2017. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- "Lauralton Hall Cheerleaders Win State Championship, Compete at Regionals". NewsTimes. March 17, 2017. Retrieved November 11, 2018.