Abdul Latiff Ahmad
| honorific-prefix = Yang Berhormat [[Malay titles#Datuk|Datuk]
| name = Abdul Latiff Ahmad
| native_name = عبداللطيفف بن احمد
| honorific-suffix = DMSM MP
| image =
| caption =
| birth_name = Abdul Latiff bin Ahmad
| birth_date = 9 July 1958
| birth_place = Ayer Hitam, Kluang, Johor, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
| residence =
| death_date =
| death_place =
| office =
| term_start =
| term_end =
| predecessor =
| successor =
| office1 = Deputy Minister of Defence
| term_start1 = 10 April 2009
| term_end1 = 15 May 2013
| minister1 = Ahmad Zahid Hamidi
| primeminister1 = Najib Razak
| predecessor1 = Abu Seman Yusop
| successor1 = Abdul Rahim Bakri
| constituency1 = Mersing
| monarch1 = Mizan Zainal Abidin
Abdul Halim | office2 = Deputy Minister of Health | term_end2 = 9 April 2009 | term_start2 = 27 March 2004 | minister2 = Chua Soi Lek (2004-2008)
Ong Ka Ting (Acting) (2008)
Liow Tiong Lai (2008-2009) | primeminister2 = Abdullah Ahmad Badawi | predecessor2 = Abu Seman Yusop | successor2 = Rosnah Abdul Rashid Shirlin | constituency2 = Mersing | monarch2 = Sirajuddin
Mizan Zainal Abidin | office3 = Deputy Minister of Human Resources | term_end3 = 26 March 2004 | term_start3 = 15 December 1999 | minister3 = Fong Chan Onn | primeminister3 = Mahathir Mohamad
Abdullah Ahmad Badawi | predecessor3 = Affifudin Omar | successor3 = Abdul Rahman Bakar | constituency3 = Mersing | monarch3 = Salahuddin
Sirajuddin | constituency_MP4 = Mersing | parliament4 = Malaysian | term_start4 = 1999 | term_end4 = | majority4 = 10,861 (1999)
8,459 (2018) | predecessor4 = Zainal Abidin Osman (UMNO-BN) | successor4 = | office5 = Chairman of Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (SPNB) | term_start5 = 11 June 2013 | term_end5 = 30 January 2019 | minister5 = Najib Razak | 1blankname5 = CEO | 1namedata5 = Ahmad Azizi Ali | predecessor5 = Idris Haron | successor5 = Mohammad Mentek | citizenship = Malaysian | party = PPBM (2019-present)
UMNO (until 2018) | otherparty = Pakatan Harapan (PH) (2019-present)
Barisan Nasional (BN) (until 2018) | occupation = Politician | relations = | spouse = | children = | alma_mater = University of Malaya | website = | footnotes = Abdul Latiff Ahmad on Facebook
Abdul Latiff Ahmad on Parliament of Malaysia }} Abdul Latiff bin Ahmad (Jawi: عبداللطيفف بن احمد ; born 9 July 1958) is a Malaysian politician and is the incumbent Member of Parliament (MP) of Malaysia for the Mersing constituency in the state of Johor for fifth term since 1999. He was a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO); a component party of Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition. He resigned from UMNO to be an Independent politician in 2018. Presently he is a member of the Malaysian United Indigenous Party or Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (BERSATU), a component of Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition since 2019.
Abdul Latiff was firstly elected to the Johor State Legislative Assembly for Endau seat in 1995 election. In the 1999 general election he switched to federal politics by contesting and winning to be the MP of Mersing constituency in Johor, and thereafter served as Deputy Minister of Human Resources (1999 to 2004), Deputy Minister of Health (2004 to 2010) and Deputy Minister of Defence (2010 to 2013). He was reelected MP for the Mersing parliamentery seat in the consecutive 2004, 2008, 2013 and 2018 general elections.
Abdul Latiff was dropped from Najib Razak's cabinet after the 2013 general election, and was appointed as the chairman of the government-linked housing development company Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (SPNB). He left SPNB in early 2019 after BN lost as the ruling federal government to Pakatan Harapan (PH) in the 2018 election.
|1995||N9 Endau, P129 Mersing.||Abdul Latiff Ahmad (UMNO)||7,315||69%||Sheikh Abdullah Said Salleh (PAS)||3,302||31%||10,668||4,013||64.36%|
|1999||P129 Mersing, Johor.||Abdul Latiff Ahmad (UMNO)||18,821||70.28%||Idris Tukachil (PAS)||7,960||29.72%||27,617||10,861||70.29%|
|2004||P154 Mersing, Johor.||Abdul Latiff Ahmad (UMNO)||19,222||80.52%||Idris Tukachil (PAS)||4,649||19.48%||24,484||14,573||72.25%|
|2008||Abdul Latiff Ahmad (UMNO)||20,116||75.92%||Shahar Abdullah (PAS)||6,380||24.08%||27,548||13,736||75.59%|
|2013||Abdul Latiff Ahmad (UMNO)||26,184||71.50%||Roslan Nikmat (PAS)||10,437||28.50%||37,393||15,747||84.03%|
|2018||Abdul Latiff Ahmad (UMNO)||19,806||53.00%||Md Nasir Hashim (PPBM)||11,347||30.37%||38,306||8,459||79.51%|
|A. Rahman A. Hamid (PAS)||6,215||16.63%|
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Star Publications (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 9 April 2008. Retrieved 28 January 2010. Percentage figures are calculated based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 11 March 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 17 March 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Mazwin Nik Anis, Muguntan Vanar and Zakiah Koya (15 December 2018). "Six more MPs leave Umno". The Star. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Mazwin Nik Anis and Joseph Kaos Jr (12 February 2019). "Seven Umno MPs join Bersatu". The Star. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Former deputy minister Dr Abdul Latif now SPNB chairman". The Malaysian Insider. 14 June 2013. Archived from the original on 1 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Heads to roll from more than 100 MOF Inc firms, says report". Malaysiakini. 1 August 2018. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Nabila Yasmin Razib (22 February 2019). "Mohammad Mentek dilantik Pengerusi SPNB" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum. Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "14th General Election Malaysia (GE14 / PRU14) - Johor". election.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "The Malacca Yang Di-Pertua Negri's Birthday Honours List". The Star. 12 October 2003. Retrieved 11 October 2018.