A Tale of Three Cities
A Tale of Three Cities (Chinese: 三城记) is a 2015 Chinese-Hong Kong war romance film directed by Mabel Cheung. The film is about the real love story of two people (Charles and Lee-Lee Chan, parents of Jackie Chan) who met in Wuhu during the Second Sino-Japanese War in the 1930s, separated in Shanghai during the Chinese Civil War in the 1940s, and finally reunited in Hong Kong in the 1950s while their children from previous marriages were left behind in mainland China (whom they would not see again until 38 years later). Jackie Chan reportedly "cried and cried, until the end of the film" when he watched the film by himself.
|A Tale of Three Cities|
|Directed by||Mabel Cheung|
|Written by||Mabel Cheung |
|Starring||Sean Lau |
- Traces of a Dragon, 2003 documentary film on Jackie Chan's parents, also directed by Cheung
- "Tang Wei plays action star Jacky Chan's mother in new film - Entertainment News - SINA English". english.sina.com. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (2014-05-15). "Cannes: IM Global, China's Huayi Brothers Pact For International Sales". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "A TALE OF THREE CITIES | ANTHEM | IM GLOBAL". www.imglobalfilm.com. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-06-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "A Tale of Three Cities out this fall|Health |chinadaily.com.cn". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "'A Tale of Three Cities' is a Film Based on Jackie Chan's Parents' Love Story". Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Love Never Ends: A Tale of Three Cities". October 16, 2015.