A Night in New Arabia
A Night in New Arabia is a lost 1917 four-reel silent film, directed by Thomas Mills. It is based on the short story "A Night in New Arabia" from Strictly Business, a collection of 23 short stories by O. Henry published in 1910. The movie critic for the Moving Picture World, Margaret I. MacDonald, says that it "...is one of the best of the O. Henry four-part features".
|A Night in New Arabia|
|Directed by||Thomas R. Mills|
|Produced by||Vitagraph/Broadway Star Features Co.|
|Written by||F. R. Buckley|
|Based on||O. Henry|
|Distributed by||General Film Co.|
|4 reels (Approx. 60 min.)|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles).|
The picture was part of the O. Henry Stories series of films produced by Vitagraph Studios/Broadway Star Features and distributed by the General Film Company. All based on O. Henry short stories, these pictures featured many of the same actors and included Friends in San Rosario, The Third Ingredient, The Marionettes, The Green Door, Past One at Rooney's, The Cop and the Anthem, The Gold That Glittered, The Duplicity of Hargraves, The Guilty Party, The Last Leaf and The Love Philtre of Ikey Schoenstein.
- T., F. (November 10, 1917), "Photoplay Reviews: 'A Night in New Arabia'" (PDF), New York Dramatic Mirror, p. 25, retrieved June 18, 2019
- "Glendon in Another 'O. Henry'", Motography, 18 (19), p. 1009, November 10, 1917
- MacDonald, Margaret I. (November 17, 1917), "Two O. Henrys: 'The Enchanted Kiss' and 'A Night in New Arabia' Two Fine Specimens of O. Henry Philosophy in Film", Moving Picture World, p. 1032, retrieved June 18, 2019
- "Three O. Henry Players Return in 'The Last Leaf'", Motion Picture News, p. 4183, December 15, 1917, retrieved June 18, 2019
- Gevinson, Alan (1997). Within Our Gates: Ethnicity in American Feature Films, 1911–1960. American Film Institute Catalog (1st ed.). University of California Press. p. 1587. ISBN 0-520-20964-8.
- A Night in New Arabia on IMDb
- A Night in New Arabia, on AFI Catalog of Feature Films: The First 100 Years 1893–1993