A Martian Christmas
A Martian Christmas is a Mexican-American sci-fi Christmas animated film, released direct-to-video on November 11, 2009. The film was produced by Ánima Estudios and Porchlight Entertainment. The film was directed by José Alejandro García Muñoz.
|A Martian Christmas|
|Directed by||José Alejandro García Muñoz|
|Produced by||Jose C. Garcia de Letona|
|Screenplay by||Linda Miller|
|Story by||Linda Miller|
Robert Mark Klein
|Music by||Guy Michelmore|
|Edited by||Sean Stack|
|Distributed by||Porchlight Entertainment|
Although it was described as a "television movie", there is currently no further information about the film's air date or network.
A Martian boy, Kip, was caught up in an intergalactic race to save both Christmas and Earth.
The film received mixed reviews. IMDB reported the film received a 7.1 audience rating out of 10. Sierra Filucci of Common Sense Media gave this film 2 out of 5 stars and said, "Unfortunately the build-up to the main part of the story -- the journey to Earth -- takes so long and is packed with so much backstory that kids and even adults might get lost, or just bored. Once the trip begins, things pick up and it's sort of interesting to see humans and Christmas from outsiders' eyes."
This film was released on DVD on 11 November 2009 by PorchLight Home Entertainment. Due to its obscurity, it remains one of the rarest films to this day, most likely due to lack of promotion, and the fact that this film was primarily produced in Mexico, as it is difficult for a Mexican animated production to get into the United States market, according to producer Fernando de Fuentes. The DVD of the film is only available on online shopping sites, such as eBay and Amazon.com.
- "Producciones cinematográficas Mexico: Una navidad marciana (in Spanish)". Conaculta. Instituto Mexicano de Cinematografía. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Goldstein, Gregg (6 October 2008). "PorchLight reveals two projects". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "ÁNIMA ESTUDIOS INTERNATIONAL CO-PRODUCTIONS". Anima Estudios Noticas. 23 November 2009. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Filucci, Sierra. "A Martian Christmas Movie Review". Common Sense Media. Common Sense Media. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "ANIMA ESTUDIOS prepara sorpresas en cine de animación (in Spanish)". Diálogo Sin Fronteras. Diálogo Sin Fronteras. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 27 June 2014.