A Bequest to the Nation
A Bequest to the Nation is a 1970 play by Terence Rattigan, based on his 1966 television play Nelson (full title - Nelson - A Portrait in Miniature). It recounts the events surrounding Horatio Nelson, his mistress Emma Hamilton, and his wife Frances Nisbet in the events immediately before, during and after the Battle of Trafalgar. It also includes various other historical characters such as Thomas Hardy and William Nelson. The title refers to Nelson leaving Emma and their child Horatia to the nation on his death.
Television and film
- "Nelson: A Study in Miniature (1966)".
- "Bequest to the Nation, A". www.samuelfrench.co.uk.
- The Collected Plays of Terence Rattigan, Vol. 4, Hamish Hamilton, London, 1978 ISBN 0-241-89996-6
- "Terence Rattigan plays: timeline and synopsis". 18 October 2017 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Bequest to the Nation (1973)".
- "BBC - (none) - Drama on 3 - Bequest to the Nation by Terence Rattigan". www.bbc.co.uk.