Angel James Dee III, professionally known as AJ Dee (born July 27, 1983 in Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines) is a Filipino actor, model and swimmer. He is the brother of fellow swimmer and actor Enchong Dee.
July 27, 1983
|Alma mater||Ateneo de Naga University|
|Agent||Star Magic (2004–2009)|
|Family||Enchong Dee (brother)|
While in high school, Dee participated in the Philippines' Palarong Pambansa and was picked to join the Philippine swimming team and participated in events in Hong Kong, Brunei, Singapore, and Taiwan.
Dee also participated in the Mossimo Bikini Summit and the Fashion Designers Association of the Philippines (FDAP)'s Body Shots Model Search.
Dee became a co-host of the variety show MTB: Ang Saya Saya after becoming a runner-up on the show's "TV Idol UR D Man" contest. Previously, Dee had a small role in Basta't Kasama Kita and was one of the hosts of ABS-CBN's regional variety show Kilig Bicool!
Dee's first film appearance was in Star Cinema's Dreamboy in 2005. In the same year, he was cast in the primetime teleserye, Vietnam Rose and joined The Buzz as one of the hosts of the "Wanna Buzz" segment.
Aside from acting, Dee modeled for Bench and appeared in TV commercials. He also maintains a fashion blog—The Filo Dapper.
|2005||MTB: Ang Saya Saya||Himself - Host|
|2005||Vietnam Rose||Tran Him Hahn-Trihn|
|2006||The Buzz||Himself - Host||Segment: "WannaBuzz", "PBB Buzz"|
|2007||U Can Dance Version 2||Himself - Contestant|
|2009||Precious Heart Romances: The Bud Brothers||Anton|
|2009–11||Show Me Da Manny||Marco Antonio Barreiro|
|2012||Tweets For My Sweet||Ariel|
|2013||Never Say Goodbye||Steve|
|2013||Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala||Edgar|
|2013||Maghihintay Pa Rin||Lance|
|2014||Moon of Desire||Caleb|
|2014||Sa Puso ni Dok||Jomar|
|2015||Bridges of Love||Louie Sandejas|
|2015||Pasión de amor||Daniel Burgos|
|2016||Tubig at Langis||Matteo|
|2006||Mano Po 5: Gua Ai Di||Anderson|
|2007||You Got Me!||Francis Villanueva|
|2008||When Love Begins||Greg|
|2009||Love Me Again||Koboy|
|2010||You to Me Are Everything||Carding|
|2012||My Amiga Girl|
|2012||Shake, Rattle and Roll Fourteen: The Invasion||Pvt. 1st Class Blas Rogado||Segment: "Lost Command"|
|2015||Etiquette for Mistresses||Man in car||Cameo|
|2006||Oedipus the King||Oedipus||Cultural Center of the Philippines|
|2007||A Portrait of the Artist||Tony Javier|
|2011||The Frog Prince||Frog Prince||Clark Pampanga Theater|
- Avante, Wells (4 January 2007). "AJ Dee Talks About Goals and Dream Roles". pep.ph. Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- Red, Isah (13 August 2007). "July-born Stars feel the Magic of being Kapamilya". Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- Lo, Ricardo (14 April 2008). "Lovelier the Second Time Around". The Philippine Star (via ABS-CBN News). Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- Abunda, Boy (8 September 2004). "AJ Dee: Life after TV Idol". Directline. The Philippine Star. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- Gonzales, Rommel (24 July 2007). "ABS-CBN talent AJ Dee does the Stage while Waiting for Projects" (in Tagalog). pep.ph. Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- Abunda, Boy (6 September 2006). "AJ Finds Oedipus a 'Complex' Role". Directline. The Philippine Star. Archived from the original on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 10 April 2009 – via Philippine Headline News Online.
- Vergara, Alex Y. (13 May 2005). "Itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny". Lifestyle. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 30 September 2016 – via Google News.
- Manipon, Roel Hoan (29 May 2014). "A Shot at Modeling Fame". The Daily Tribune. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "TV Idol Mania". Manila Bulletin. 18 September 2004. Archived from the original on 2005-05-28. Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- Ramos, Ethel (19 January 2005). "Aga, Regine, Juday Movie Shelved". Studio Whispers. Malaya. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 20 April 2009 – via Philippine Headline News.
- Jimenez, Joyce (16 July 2015). "AJ Dee to Quit Showbiz for Family". The Philippine Star. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "Top 15 Kapamilya Celebrity Siblings". Star Cinema Mobile. 10 April 2016. Archived from the original on 2 October 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "Why AJ Dee is not with his Family in Norway". ABS-CBN News. 8 June 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- Salterio, Leah C. (13 August 2004). "Who will be the next TV Idol?". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "Forget Ho Chi Minh City". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 20 July 2005. Retrieved 30 September 2016 – via Google News.
- Velarde, Emmie G. (31 July 2005). "ABS-CBN's Monster Party". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 30 September 2016 – via Google News.
- Torre, Nestor U. (26 August 2006). "Celebrities Shine in Exciting 'U Can Dance' Finals". Viewfinder. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 30 September 2016 – via Google News.
- Gonzales, Rommel (22 August 2009). "New Kapuso Talent AJ Dee Finds Primetime Exposure in 'Show Me Da Manny'" (in Filipino). pep.ph. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "'Bridges of Love' Quote of the day: 'Wala kayong puso! Niloko niyo ang kapatid ko!'". Star Cinema. 7 August 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Amy & AJ onstagesic". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 5 August 2006. Retrieved 30 September 2016 – via Google News.