ACM SIGARCH is the Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on computer architecture, a community of computer professionals and students from academia and industry involved in research and professional practice related to computer architecture and design. The organization sponsors many prestigious international conferences in this area, including the International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), recognized as the top conference in this area since 1975. Together with IEEE Computer Society's Technical Committee on Computer Architecture (TCCA), it is one of the two main professional organizations for people working in computer architecture.
ACM SIGARCH was formed in August 1971, initially as a Special Interest Committee (a precursor to a SIG), with Michael J. Flynn as the founding chairman. Flynn was also the founding chairman of IEEE Computer Society's TCCA and encouraged from the beginning, joint cooperation between the two groups. Many of the joint symposiums and conferences are the leading events in the field.
- ASPLOS: ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems
- ANCS: ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems
- CCGrid: ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing
- HPDC: ACM International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing
- ICS: ACM International Conference on Supercomputing
- IPDPS: IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium
- ISCA: ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture
- NANOCOM: ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication
- NOCS: ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip
- PACT: ACM/IEEE International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation
- SenSys: ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
- SPAA: ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures
- UCC: IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing
SIGARCH offers a variety of awards for outstanding contributions to computer architecture:
- "SIGARCH". ACM SIGARCH. Association for Computing Machinery. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Acceptance rates in my top conferences". Purdue Engineering. Purdue University. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "The ACM/IEEE ISCA 2015". Electrical & Computer Engineering. Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "SICARCH Formed" (PDF). Computer Architecture News. 1: 1. January 1972.
- Foster, C. C. (1972). "Computer Architecture". Computer. 5 (2): 18–19. doi:10.1109/C-M.1972.216888. ISSN 0018-9162.
- "Michael J. Flynn • IEEE Computer Society". www.computer.org. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- "Chairman's Report" (PDF). Computer Architecture News. 1: 2. January 1972.
- "Computer Science Conference Rank". lipn.univ-paris13.fr. Archived from the original on 2017-06-04. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- "CORE Conference Portal: A* conferences".
- "ACM SIGARCH Computer Architecture News". ACM Digital Library. Association for Computing Machinery. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Top Computer Science Conferences". www.guide2research.com. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- "SIGARCH-sponsored Conferences". SIGARCH. 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2017-06-04.