Ağlasun (from Greek Αγαλασσός Agalassos, in turn from Koine Greek Σαγαλασσός Sagalassos, in turn from Hittite Salawassa) is a town and district of Burdur Province in the Mediterranean region of Turkey. The mayor is Aydın Kaplan (MHP).
|Coordinates: 37°38′58″N 30°32′02″E|
|• Mayor||Aydın Kaplan|
|• Kaymakam||Oğuzhan Bulut|
|• District||310.11 km2 (119.73 sq mi)|
|• District density||29/km2 (74/sq mi)|
The town is 7 km from the ruins of the ancient city of Sagalassos, from which it gets its modern name.
With its rich architectural heritage, Ağlasun is a member of the Norwich-based European Association of Historic Towns and Regions.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "HistoricTowns.org - Turkey". Archived from the original on 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2006-05-10.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- Beyaz Arif Akbas: Sagalassos: City of Fairies", Adrianapolis, Yalnizgoz Yay. 2010, ISBN 978-1-4536-1300-9. http://en.calameo.com/read/0002983841c7acaa28dc8