9th arrondissement of Paris
9th arrondissement of Paris
Paris and its closest suburbs
|• Mayor||Delphine Bürkli.|
|• Total||2.18 km2 (0.84 sq mi)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||28,000/km2 (72,000/sq mi)|
|1 Population sans doubles comptes: single count of residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel).|
The arrondissement, called Opéra, is located on the right bank of the River Seine. It contains many places of cultural, historical, and architectural interest, including the Palais Garnier, home to the Paris Opera, Boulevard Haussmann, and its large department stores Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. The arrondissement has many theaters including Folies Bergères, Théatre Mogador and Théatre de Paris. Along with the 2nd and 8th arrondissements, it hosts one of the business centers of Paris, located around the Opéra.
The land area of this arrondissement is 2.179 km2 (0.841 sq. miles, or 538 acres).
Main streets and squares
Places of interest
- Bibliothèque-Musée de l'Opéra National de Paris
- Paris Olympia
- Folies Bergère at 32, rue Richer
- Fondation Dosne-Thiers
- Hôtel Drouot, auction house
- Opera Garnier ("Paris Opera")
- Galeries Lafayette (flagship store) at 40, boulevard Haussmann
- Printemps department store (flagship store)
- Musée de la Franc-Maçonnerie
- Musée Grévin
- Musée Gustave Moreau at 14, rue de la Rochefoucauld
- Musée du Parfum
- Musée de la Vie Romantique
- Parts of Pigalle area
- Takashimaya Paris
Until June 1995, the head office of Société Générale was in this arrondissement. On that month the head office moved to the Société Générale Towers. The former head office remains as the company's registered office.
Google Paris has its offices in the arrondissement.
The peak population of the 9th arrondissement occurred in 1901, when it had 124,011 inhabitants. Since then, the arrondissement has widely attracted business activity. As a result, the population was in 1999 only 55,838 inhabitants, while it held 111,939 jobs.
(of French censuses)
(inh. per km²)
|1901 (peak of population)||124,011||56,912|
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "Paris ninth arrondissement". Paris Digest. 2018. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- "Nous contacter". Wikimedia France. Retrieved on 8 May 2010.
- "Contacts Archived 2013-11-03 at the Wayback Machine". Groupe Danone. Retrieved on 23 March 2010.
- "Danone : regrouper les salariés dans un même bâtiment". Le Journal du Net. Retrieved on 26 July 2010.
- "Legal Information". BNP Paribas. Retrieved on 25 October 2011. "Registered Office : 16, Bd des Italiens - 75009 Paris (France)"
- "Office Locations Archived 2011-08-10 at the Wayback Machine". Kroll Inc. Retrieved on 14 August 2011. "Paris Place de l’Opéra 6 rue Halévy 75009 Paris France"
- "Personal data." Gameloft. Retrieved on 8 March 2019. "The Gameloft Human Resources team and staff providing support for the recruitment process locally at Gameloft entities in Europe or at the headquarters based at 14 rue Auber 75009 Paris, France "
- "Legal notices." Gameloft. Retrieved on 8 March 2019. "Registered office: 14 rue Auber, 75009 Paris, France"
- "World presence." Gameloft. Retrieved on 8 March 2019. Hover mouse over Paris to see: "France - Paris 14 Rue Auber, 5th floor, 75009 Paris"
- "Société Générale : deux tours à la Défense". Le Journal du Net. Retrieved on 7 July 2010.
- "Legal information". Société Générale. Retrieved on 24 September 2009.
- "Google locations." Google. Retrieved on May 25, 2016. "8 Rue de Londres 75009 Paris France"