99TV is an Indian satellite television news network that provides 24-hour news coverage in Telugu language. 99TV was founded in 2014 and is currently owned by New Waves Media headed by Thota Chandrasekhar.
|Launched||20 July 2014|
|Owned by||New Waves Media|
|Slogan||We are the 99% (2014)|
సామాన్యుడి స్వరం (common man voice) – (present)
|Broadcast area||India |
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Dish TV||Channel 735|
|Videocon D2H||Channel 735|
|Tata Sky||Channel 1478|
99TV was founded on 20 July 2014 by director Tammareddy Bharadwaja in Hyderabad. The launch event was graced by popular people like Dasari Narayana Rao, D. Ramanaidu, then Speaker of AP Legislature, Kodela Sivaprasad Rao, Ramakrishna and Famous Journalists from various Media Houses.
Later 99TV was fully taken over by the Communist party of India (CPI), which later ran in losses and suffered lack of viewership.
In 11 July 2018, this channel was taken over by New Waves Digital media and the broadcast started from New Waves Media head office in Kondapur, Hyderabad which was once the head office of the channel.
The channel telecasts political and current affairs with the serious reporting, the channel also has programs like business, talk show, cinema and sports. It has a network in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
INSAT-4A (C-BAND), 83.0E 3921 MHz, Horizontal, symbol rate – 13000, System DVB -S2/QPSK/MPEG-4.
- "99tv management". Times of India. 24 August 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "99TV Channel Inauguration". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- "history of channel". Deccan Chronicle. 14 July 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "programs in channel". Indian Express. 18 September 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "frequency". Free Toair. 14 November 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.