92nd Academy Awards
The 92nd Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), will honor the best films of 2019 and will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. After more than a decade of previously holding the Academy Award ceremonies in at least late February, the 92nd Academy Awards will be held earlier on February 9, 2020. During the ceremony, AMPAS will present Academy Awards (commonly referred to as Oscars) in 24 categories. The ceremony will be televised in the United States by ABC, produced by Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allain.
|92nd Academy Awards|
|Date||February 9, 2020|
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
|Produced by||Lynette Howell Taylor|
|TV in the United States|
Winners and nominees
The Academy held its 11th annual Governors Awards ceremony on October 27, 2019, where the following awards were presented:
Academy Honorary Awards
Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award
- Geena Davis – American actress
During its board of directors meeting in April 2019, the Academy voted to rename the "Best Foreign Language Film" category to "Best International Feature Film". Animated and documentary films will also be eligible for the renamed award, but the category will still require nominees to have the majority of their dialogue be in a language other than English.
The category of Best Makeup and Hairstyling has been expanded from seven finalists and three nominees to ten finalists and five nominees.
- 47th Annie Awards
- 25th Critics' Choice Awards
- 77th Golden Globe Awards
- 40th Golden Raspberry Awards
- 23rd Hollywood Film Awards
- 35th Independent Spirit Awards
- 24th Satellite Awards
- 26th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 74th Tony Awards
- List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film
- "Key Dates for the 92nd Oscars Announced". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. September 5, 2018. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- Wilkinson, Alissa (August 8, 2018). "The Oscars are adding a category for "popular films"". Vox. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
Beginning in 2020, the Oscars will be held about two weeks earlier than usual. The 2019 ceremony is still scheduled for February 24; the 2020 ceremony will be held on February 9
- Pedersen, Erik (November 15, 2019). "Oscars: Lynette Howell-Taylor & Stephanie Allain To Produce 92nd Academy Awards". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 15, 2019.
- "The Academy to Honor Geena Davis, David Lynch, Wes Studi and Lina Wertmüller at 2019 Governors Awards". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. June 3, 2019. Retrieved June 3, 2019.
- Kay, Jeremy. "Academy leaves Netflix eligibility rule intact, changes name of foreign language category". Screen. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- Donnelly, Matt (April 24, 2019). "Netflix Can Chill: Academy Rules No Change in Streaming Oscar Eligibility". Variety. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- "Foreign Language Film Award Renamed 'International Feature Film Award'". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. April 23, 2019. Retrieved May 25, 2019.