6th Rajputana Rifles
The 6th Rajputana Rifles were an infantry regiment of the British Indian Army. They were formed in 1922, after the Indian government reformed the army. They moved away from single battalion regiments to multi battalion regiments. The regiment served in World War II and in 1947 was allocated to the new Indian Army after independence as the Rajputana Rifles.
|6th Rajputana Rifles|
|Engagements||World War II|
During World War II the regiment was expanded to thirteen battalions and served in the Middle East, Burma and Malaya. The 4th Battalion had the distinction of earning two Victoria Crosses during this conflict.
- Sharma 1990, pp. 106–109.
- Sharma 1990, p. 106.
- Sharma, pp. 104–105
- Sharma, Gautam (1990). Valour and sacrifice: famous regiments of the Indian Army. Allied Publishers. ISBN 81-7023-140-X.
- Singh, Colonel(Dr)Narendar (2019). Third Battalion The Rajputana Rifles : Waffadar Paltan. Pentagon Press LLP. ISBN 978-93-86618-92-4.