50th Birthday Concert
|50th Birthday Concert|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||April 10, 1994|
|Venue||Dingwalls, Camden, England|
CD LR 212/213
|Producer||Evan Parker and Leo Feigin|
|Evan Parker chronology|
|Penguin Guide to Jazz||"Crown"|
AllMusic awarded the album 4½ stars with reviewer Steve Loewy stating:
What a splendid birthday celebration this was! Parker is clearly at the peak of his form, and he is enjoying the interaction with these two splendid groups ... Not to be missed, this is great Evan Parker all the way.
The Penguin Guide to Jazz awarded the album a "Crown" signifying a recording that the authors "feel a special admiration or affection for".
|1.||"Hero of Nine Fingers"||Evan Parker, Alexander von Schlippenbach, Paul Lovens||24:31|
|2.||"Bowed Stiffly and Went Free"||Evan Parker, Alexander von Schlippenbach, Paul Lovens||19:22|
|1.||"In Exultation"||Evan Parker, Barry Guy, Paul Lytton||20:38|
|2.||"Not Backwards, as in Doubt"||Evan Parker, Barry Guy, Paul Lytton||9:25|
|3.||"The Echoing Border Zones"||Evan Parker, Barry Guy, Paul Lytton||9:24|
- Evan Parker discography, accessed January 4, 2017
- Leo Records discography, accessed January 4, 2017
- Loewy, Steve. 50th Birthday Concert – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008) . "Evan Parker". The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). New York: Penguin. p. 1122. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Penguin Guide to Jazz: Crown Albums List, accessed January 4, 2017