4th Magritte Awards
The 4th Magritte Awards ceremony, presented by the Académie André Delvaux, honored the best films of 2013 in Belgium and took place on February 1, 2014, at the Square in the historic site of Mont des Arts, Brussels beginning at 8:00 p.m. CET. During the ceremony, the Académie André Delvaux presented Magritte Awards in 21 categories. The ceremony was televised in Belgium by BeTV. Actress Émilie Dequenne presided the ceremony, while actor Fabrizio Rongione hosted the show for the second time.
|4th Magritte Awards|
|Date||February 1, 2014|
Mont des Arts, Brussels, Belgium
|Hosted by||Fabrizio Rongione|
|Produced by||José Bouquiaux|
|Directed by||Vincent J. Gustin|
|Best Film||Ernest & Celestine|
|Most awards||Ernest & Celestine (3)|
|Most nominations||Tango libre (10)|
The nominees for the 4th Magritte Awards were announced on January 9, 2014. Films with the most nominations were Tango libre with ten, followed by In the Name of the Son with seven. The winners were announced during the awards ceremony on February 1, 2014. Ernest & Celestine won three awards, including Best Film and Best Director for Stéphane Aubier and Vincent Patar. Other multiple winners were Blue Is the Warmest Colour and Tango libre with two awards each.
Winners and nominees
Best Foreign Film in Coproduction
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Most Promising Actor
Most Promising Actress
Best Production Design
Best Costume Design
- Vijay and I – Catherine Marchand
- A Place on Earth (Une place sur la Terre) – Elise Ancion
- A Song for My Mother (Une chanson pour ma mère) – Nathalie Deceuninck and Aliette Vliers
Best Original Score
Best Short Film
- Bowling Killers
- Le Conseiller
Best Documentary Film
- La Nuit qu'on suppose
- Amsterdam Stories USA
- L'irrésisitible ascension de Moïse Katumbi
- The Sound of Belgium
Best First Feature
- A Song for My Mother (Une chanson pour ma mère)
Honorary Magritte Award
Films with multiple nominations and awards
The following seventeen films received multiple nominations.
The following three films received multiple awards.
- Lecocq, Jean-Jacques (9 January 2014). "Emilie Dequenne présidente des Magritte". Ciné Télé Revue (in French). Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Magritte 2014, les nominations : Tango Libre domine, Au nom du fils décoiffe" (in French). Cinevox. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Engelen, Aurore (3 February 2014). "Ernest and Célestine triumphs at the Magritte Awards". Cineuropa. Retrieved 3 February 2014.