3rd Berlin International Film Festival
The 3rd annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 18 to 28 June 1953. This year's festival did not give any official jury prizes, instead awards were given by audience voting. This continued until the FIAPF granted Berlin "A-Status" in 1956.
|Location||West Berlin, Germany|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Le Salaire de la peur)|
|Festival date||18–28 June 1953|
Films in competition
The following films were in competition for the Golden Bear award:
|English title||Original title||Director(s)||Country|
|The Village||Sie fanden eine Heimat||Leopold Lindtberg||Switzerland / United Kingdom|
|Where Chimneys Are Seen||Entotsu no mieru basho||Heinosuke Gosho||Japan|
|The Wages of Fear||Le Salaire de la peur||Henri-Georges Clouzot||France / Italy|
|Green Magic||Magia verde||Gian Gaspare Napolitano||Italy|
|Man on a Tightrope||Elia Kazan||USA|
|The City Stands Trial||Processo alla città||Luigi Zampa||Italy|
|Ein Herz spielt falsch||Rudolf Jugert||Germany|
|Fight of the Tertia||Der Kampf der Tertia||Erik Ode||Germany|
|Mr. Hulot's Holiday||Monsieur Hulot's Holiday||Jacques Tati||France|
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
- "3rd Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Retrieved 22 December 2009.
- "JURIES 1953". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1953". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Retrospective". Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 1953". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.