31st Berlin International Film Festival
The 31st annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 13 to 24 February 1981. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Spanish film Deprisa, Deprisa directed by Carlos Saura. The retrospective dedicated to English film producer Michael Balcon was shown at the festival.
|Location||West Berlin, Germany|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Deprisa, Deprisa)|
|Festival date||13–24 February 1981|
Films in competition
The following films were in competition for the Golden Bear award:
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
- Golden Bear: Deprisa, Deprisa by Carlos Saura
- Silver Bear – Special Jury Prize: Akaler Sandhane by Mrinal Sen
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Barbara Grabowska for Gorączka
- Silver Bear for Best Actor:
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement: Markus Imhoof for Das Boot ist voll
- Honourable Mention:
- "31st Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 26 August 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1981". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1981". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.