30th century BC
The 30th century BC was a century which lasted from the year 3000 BC to 2901 BC.
|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- Before 3000 BC: Image of a deity, detail from a cong recovered from Tomb 12, Fanshan, Yuyao, Zhejiang, is made. Neolithic period. Liangzhu culture. It is now kept at Zhejiang Provincial Museum, Hangzhou.
- c. 3000 BC: Early agriculture in North Africa.
- 3000 BC – 2600 BC: Early Harappan period continues in the Indus Valley
- c. 3000 BC: Neolithic period ends.
- c. 3000 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of united Egypt, starts to reign.
- c. 3000 BC: Troy is founded.
- c. 3000 BC: There is an intense phase of burial at Duma na nGiall on the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of the High King of Ireland.
- c. 3000 BC: Stonehenge begins to be built. In its first version, it consists of a circular ditch and bank, with 56 wooden posts.
- c. 3000 BC: Cycladic civilization in the Aegean Sea starts
- c. 3000 BC: Minoan civilization starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Helladic period starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Norte Chico civilization in Northern Peru starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Aegean Bronze Age starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Middle Jōmon period starts in Japan.
- c. 2955 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of Egypt, dies
- c. 2950 BC: first definitive use of a Nebty name by Egyptian First Dynasty pharaoh, Semerkhet.
- c. 2920 BC: Djet, fourth pharaoh of Egypt.
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- 3000 BC–2000 BC; Hieroglyphic writing in Egypt, potter's wheel in China, first pottery in the Americas (in Ecuador).
- c. 3000 BC—Sumerians establish cities.
- c. 3000 BC—Sumerians start to work in various metals.
- c. 3000 BC—Knowledge of Ancient Near Eastern grains appears in Ancient China.
- 3000 BC-2000 BC - Settled villages are widespread in Mesoamerica.
- The shekal was introduced in Mesopotamia as a monetary and weight unit; see ancient weights and measures, Shekel.
- The Sydney rock engravings date from around 3000 BC (Sydney, Australia).
- In the TV show, Stargate: SG-1, the native people of Earth successfully rebel against the Goa'uld in 2995 BC.
- 3000 BC: A zombie outbreak in Egypt in The Zombie Survival Guide
- 3000 BC: The birth of possibly the first mutant in X-Men, En Sabah Nur.
- 3067 BC-3060 BC: The Scorpion King wages a war against the world and conquers it in The Mummy Returns
- Years Preceding 3067 BC: The Scorpion King's Adventures in The Scorpion King (film series)
- Memory and Monuments at the Hill of Tara by Erin McDonald, Chronika Journal
- National Geographic, June 2008
- Australia's top 7 Aboriginal rock art sites by Australian Geographic