2020 USL Championship season
The 2020 USL Championship season is the tenth season of the USL Championship and fourth under Division II sanctioning. This is the second season in which the league is operating under the name "USL Championship", having used the name "United Soccer League" through 2018. Real Monarchs SLC are the defending USL Cup champions.
2021 →All statistics correct as of November 22, 2019.
On November 8, 2019, Ottawa Fury FC announced that it had suspended operations. The team had received sanctioning from its country's governing body, Canada Soccer, but was denied by U.S. Soccer and the continental governing body of CONCACAF. Additionally, the 2020 season is the first season without current version of Nashville SC. The club's identity will transfer to a Major League Soccer team that will start play in 2020.
Changes from 2019
- Bethlehem Steel FC rebranded as Philadelphia Union II
- Swope Park Rangers rebranded as Sporting Kansas City II
- Tulsa Roughnecks FC rebranded as FC Tulsa
The following teams are playing in the 2020 USL Championship season:
The regular season and playoff format, plus the division alignment will be announced in January.
|Team||Outgoing manager||Manner of departure||Date of vacancy||Incoming manager||Date of appointment|
|OKC Energy FC||Contract not renewed||October 22, 2019||November 22, 2019|
|Hartford Athletic||Mutual separation||October 27, 2019||November 8, 2019|
|San Antonio FC||Mutual separation||October 30, 2019||December 9, 2019|
|Sacramento Republic FC||Contract not renewed||November 5, 2019||December 16, 2019|
|Real Monarchs SLC||End of interim period||November 20, 2019||November 20, 2019|
- "Ottawa Fury FC Forced to Suspend Operations" (Press release). USL Championship. November 8, 2019. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- "Nashville MLS expansion team unveils name, crest" (Press release). Major League Soccer. February 20, 2019. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- "Second-division USL team in San Diego prepares to start in 2020". The San Diego Union-Tribune. September 17, 2019.
- "Philadelphia Union USL Championship Team To Rebrand As Union II". philadelphiaunion.com. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- "Sporting Club's USL Championship team to become Sporting Kansas City II". sportingkc.com. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- "FC Tulsa Unveils New Name, Crest and Colors To Usher In New Era of Pro Soccer In Tulsa". fctulsa.com. Retrieved December 4, 2019.
- "The Miami FC Joins The USL Championship". miamifc.com. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Energy FC Parts Ways With Head Coach Steve Cooke". OKC Energy FC. October 22, 2019.
- "Energy FC Appoints John Pascarella as Head Coach". OKC Energy FC. November 22, 2019.
- "Hartford Athletic and Head Coach Jimmy Nielsen Part Ways". Hartford Athletic. October 27, 2019.
- "Hartford Athletic Announces New Head Coach Radhi Jaïdi of Premier League's Southampton Football Club". Hartford Athletic. November 8, 2019.
- "San Antonio FC Mutually Agrees To Part Ways With Head Coach Darren Powell". San Antonio FC. October 30, 2019.
- "San Antonio FC Names Alen Marcina Head Coach". San Antonio FC Communications. December 9, 2019.
- "Republic FC Parts Ways With Coaches Simon Elliott and Benjamin Ziemer Following 2019 Season". Sacramento Republic FC. November 5, 2019.
- "Republic FC Promotes Mark Briggs to Serve as Club's Next USL Head Coach". Republic FC Communications. December 16, 2019.
- "Jamison Olave Tabbed Fifth Head Coach in Team History after Leading Team to USL Championship Title". Real Salt Lake. November 20, 2019.