2020 UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship
The 2020 UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship (also known as UEFA Women's Under-17 Euro 2020) will be the 13th edition of the UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship, the annual international youth football championship organised by UEFA for the women's under-17 national teams of Europe. Sweden, which were selected by UEFA on 9 December 2016, will host the tournament.
|Dates||9–22 May 2020|
|Teams||8 (from 1 confederation)|
|Venue(s)||4 (in 4 host cities)|
A total of eight teams will play in the tournament, with players born on or after 1 January 2003 eligible to participate.
Same as previous editions held in even-numbered years, the tournament acts as the UEFA qualifiers for the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. The top three teams of the tournament will qualify for the 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup in India as the UEFA representatives.
Germany are the defending champions.
A total of 47 UEFA nations entered the competition, and with the hosts Sweden qualifying automatically, the other 46 teams will compete in the qualifying competition to determine the remaining seven spots in the final tournament. The qualifying competition consists of two rounds: Qualifying round, which takes place in autumn 2019, and Elite round, which takes place in spring 2020.
The following teams qualified for the final tournament.
|Team||Method of qualification||Appearance||Last appearance||Previous best performance|
|Hosts||2nd||2013 (runners-up)||Runners-up (2013)|
|TBD||Elite round Group 1 winners|
|TBD||Elite round Group 2 winners|
|TBD||Elite round Group 3 winners|
|TBD||Elite round Group 4 winners|
|TBD||Elite round Group 5 winners|
|TBD||Elite round Group 6 winners|
|TBD||Elite round Group 7 winners|
The group winners and runners-up advance to the semi-finals.
In the group stage, teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings (Regulations Articles 17.01 and 17.02):
- Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
- Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
- Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
- If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
- Goal difference in all group matches;
- Goals scored in all group matches;
- Penalty shoot-out if only two teams have the same number of points, and they met in the last round of the group and are tied after applying all criteria above (not used if more than two teams have the same number of points, or if their rankings are not relevant for qualification for the next stage);
- Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
- UEFA coefficient ranking for the qualifying round draw;
- Drawing of lots.
Rules for classification: Tiebreakers
|19 May –|
|Winner Group A|
|22 May –|
|Runner-up Group B|
|Winner Semi-final 1|
|19 May –|
|Winner Semi-final 2|
|Winner Group B|
|Runner-up Group A|
Winners qualify for 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. Losers enter the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup play-off.
|Winner Group A||Semi-final 1||Runner-up Group B|
|Winner Group B||Semi-final 2||Runner-up Group A|
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup play-off
Winner qualifies for 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup.
|Loser Semi-final 1||v||Loser Semi-final 2|
|Winner Semi-final 1||v||Winner Semi-final 2|
Qualified teams for FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup
The following three teams from UEFA qualify for the 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup.
|Team||Qualified on||Previous appearances in FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup1|
|TBD||19 May 2020|
|TBD||19 May 2020|
|TBD||22 May 2020|
- 1 Bold indicates champions for that year. Italic indicates hosts for that year.
- "2019/20 UEFA Women's calendar" (PDF). UEFA.com. UEFA.
- "Women's U17 qualifying latest". UEFA.com. 3 September 2019.
- "Women's U17s set for Bulgaria and Sweden". UEFA.com. 9 December 2016.
- "2019/20 #WU17EURO qualifying round draw pots". UEFA.com. 13 November 2018.
- "Regulations of the UEFA European Women's Under-17 Championship, 2019/20" (PDF). UEFA.com.
- "2020 Women's U17 finals draw". UEFA.com.
- "2020 WU17 finals: Sweden". UEFA.com. 1 October 2019.