2019 Horizon League Men's Basketball Tournament
The 2019 Horizon League Men's Basketball Tournament (also known as Motor City Madness) was the final event of the 2018–19 men's basketball season of the Horizon League. It began on March 5, 2019 and ended on March 12; first-round games were played at the home courts of the top four teams in regular-season league play, with all remaining games at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.
|2019 Horizon League Men's Basketball Tournament|
Little Caesars Arena
(Semifinals and Finals)
|Champions||Northern Kentucky (2nd title)|
|Winning coach||John Brannen (2nd title)|
|MVP||Drew McDonald (Northern Kentucky)|
|Television||ESPN/ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN+|
|2018–19 Horizon League men's basketball standings|
|Northern Kentucky †||13||–||5||.722||26||–||9||.743|
|† 2019 Horizon League Tournament winner |
- Head-to-head record against the other team(s) involved in the tie.
- Record against the highest-placed team in the conference table not involved in the tie. If still tied, proceed down the conference standings.
- If two or more teams are tied for a league placement, they are considered a single entry for tiebreaking purposes, with collective records against said teams considered.
- If three or more teams are involved in a tie for a given seed, the above procedure is followed until the tie is either broken, or reduced to a two-team tie. If reduced to a two-team tie, the procedure restarts, this time with only the surviving teams analyzed.
- If teams remain tied after all of the following, the team with the higher NET rating at the end of the regular season, as published by the NCAA immediately after the end of the Horizon regular season, receives the higher seed.
|Seed||School||Conference||Tiebreaker 1||Tiebreaker 2|
|1||Wright State||13–5||1–1 vs. NKU||2–0 vs. Oakland|
|2||Northern Kentucky||13–5||1–1 vs. Wright||1–1 vs. Oakland|
|4||Green Bay||10–8||2–0 vs. UIC|
|5||UIC||10–8||0–2 vs. Green Bay|
|6||Youngstown State||8–10||3–1 vs. UDM/IUPUI|
|7||Detroit Mercy||8–10||2–2 vs. IUPUI/YSU|
|8||IUPUI||8–10||1–3 vs. UDM/YSU|
- NCAA Evaluation Tool, a metric officially used by the NCAA in its tournament selection process.
|Quarterfinals – Tuesday, March 5|
|1||8:00 pm||No. 8 IUPUI at No. 1 Wright State||56–71||ESPN+|
|2||8:00 pm||No. 5 UIC at No. 4 Green Bay||77–82|
|Quarterfinals – Wednesday, March 6|
|3||7:00 pm||No. 6 Youngstown State at No. 3 Oakland||84–88||ESPN+|
|4||7:00 pm||No. 7 Detroit Mercy at No. 2 Northern Kentucky||88–99|
|Semifinals – Monday, March 11|
|5||7:00 pm||No. 4 Green Bay vs. No. 1 Wright State||54–66||ESPNU|
|6||9:30 pm||No.3 Oakland vs. No. 2 Northern Kentucky||63–64|
|Finals – Tuesday, March 12|
|7||7:00 pm||No. 2 Northern Kentucky vs. No. 1 Wright State||77–66||ESPN|
|All game times in Eastern Time Zone. Rankings denote tournament seed|
Tuesday/Wednesday, March 5/6
Monday, March 11
Tuesday, March 12