2016 Clarkson Cup
The 2016 Clarkson Cup was a women's ice hockey championship that was contested at Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, the first contested on NHL ice, to determine the champion of the Canadian Women's Hockey League. Held on March 13, 2016, the Calgary Inferno defeated the Canadiennes de Montreal 8-3 to claim their first title. Blayre Turnbull, Brianne Jenner, Jessica Campbell and Rebecca Johnston each scored twice. The first goal scored by an Inferno player was Rebecca Johnston while Blayre Turnbull was credited with the Cup winning goal. Goaltender Delayne Brian was recognized as the Most Valuable Player.
Calgary Inferno – 2016 Clarkson Cup champions
- Coaching and Administrative Staff:
- Chantal Champagne (General Manager)
- Scott Reid (Head coach)
- Gina Kingsbury (Assistant coach)
Awards and honours
- Most Valuable Player, Delayne Brian, Calgary Inferno
- First Star of the Game, Delayne Brian
- Second Star of the Game, Rebecca Johnston, Calgary Inferno
- Third Star of the Game, Blayre Turnbull, Calgary Inferno
- "Clarkson Cup: Calgary upends Montreal for women's hockey title - Inferno capture first-ever CWHL championship". cbc.ca. 2016-03-13. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Mission accomplished for Calgary Inferno to win first Clarkson Cup". globalnews.ca. 2016-03-13. Retrieved 2016-03-15.