2013 NWSL College Draft
The 2013 NWSL College Draft took place on January 18, 2013. It was the first college draft held by the National Women's Soccer League to assign the NWSL rights of college players to the eight NWSL teams.
|2013 NWSL College Draft|
|Date(s)||January 18, 2013|
|32 total selections|
|First selection||Zakiya Bywaters, Chicago Red Stars|
- Draft order was determined by weighted draw based on an evaluation of current team strengths from the NWSL Player Allocation.
- The order remains the same each round, as opposed to the originally announced snake format.
- Teams will have three minutes to choose a player in each of the first two rounds and five minutes in each of the last two rounds.
No trades made
- "Eight Teams Make Selections at 2013 NWSL College Draft at NSCAA Convention in Indianapolis". U.S. Soccer. 2013-01-18. Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "2013 NWSL College Draft: Reign FC picks U.S.-Capped Christine Nairn, 3 Others - Sounder At Heart". Sounderatheart.com. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "Equalizer Soccer – NWSL College Draft order set for Friday". Equalizersoccer.com. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "NWSL College Draft to Take Place on Friday, Jan. 18 at the NSCAA Convention in Indianapolis". U.S. Soccer. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "NWSL Draft Preview: Team Needs and Players to Watch". Our Game Magazine. 2013-01-17. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22. Retrieved 2013-08-22.