2012–13 CWHL season
The 2012–13 CWHL season was the league's sixth. For the first time the winner of the Clarkson Cup was from the United States, as the Boston Blades defeated the defending champions Montreal Stars at the finals in Markham, Ontario.
Teams and statistics
Captains: As almost every hockey team has, there are captains and alternate captains to lead each team. Team Alberta was captained by Bobbi-Jo Slusar with alternates Meaghan Mikkelson, Jenna Cunningham and Erin Duggan. Boston was captained by Caitlin Cahow. Brampton was captained by Jayna Hefford with alternates Gillian Apps and Lori Dupuis. Montreal is captained by Lisa-Marie Breton, with alternates Caroline Ouellette, Noémie Marin and Catherine Ward. Finally Toronto is captained by Tessa Bonhomme with alternates Mallory Deluce, Shannon Moulson and Britni Smith.
Awards and honours
The 2013 CWHL Awards Gala was held on Mar. 21, 2013 in Markham, ON (during the Clarkson Cup weekend). That night, the league formally recognized the CWHL regular-season champions, the Angela James Bowl winner, the Most Valuable Player, the Goaltender of the Year, the Rookie of the Year, the Coach of the Year, the Defenceman of the Year, and the Humanitarian Award winner. The all-star teams (as voted by the five head coaches) and annual all-rookie team were announced before the start of the 2013-14 season.
- Most Valuable Player: Hilary Knight, Boston
- Angela James Bowl: Top Scorer Meghan Agosta, Montreal
- Outstanding Rookie: Ann-Sophie Bettez, Montreal
- Coach of the Year: Digit Murphy, Boston
- Humanitarian Award: Samantha Holmes-Domagala
CWHL Top Players
First Team All-Stars
- Goaltender: Genevieve Lacasse, Boston
- Defender: Gigi Marvin, Boston
- Defender: Catherine Ward, Montreal
- Forward: Hilary Knight, Boston
- Forward: Meghan Agosta, Montréal
- Forward: Caroline Ouellette, Montreal
Second Team All-Stars