2010 Supercupa României
The 2010 Supercupa României was the 12th edition of Romania's season opener cup competition. The match was played in Cluj-Napoca at Dr. Constantin Rădulescu on 18 July 2010, and was contested between Liga I title holders and Supercup defending champions, CFR Cluj and Liga I runners-up, FC Unirea Urziceni. This was the first edition of the Supercup to face the Liga I winners and the league's runners-up, since CFR won the double in 2010. The new format of the competition, in which the double winner plays the league runner-up at home ground was proposed and adopted by Romanian Football Federation the same year.
|Event||2010 Supercupa României|
|CFR won 2–0 on penalties|
|Date||18 July 2010|
|Venue||Stadionul Dr. Constantin Rădulescu , Cluj-Napoca|
|Man of the Match|
|Referee||Marius Avram (Romania)|
23 °C (73 °F)
Cluj won the game after penalties. After regular time the game ended 1–1 after goals of Dominique Kivuvu and again Kivuvu, but this time in the wrong goal. In Extra time Urziceni had the edge early after Laurenţiu Marinescu scored a goal to give them a one-goal lead. In injury time of the 1st half of the extra time Ciprian Deac scored the equalizer to send the game in penalties. In those penalty shootout no player of Urziceni was able to score. Also 2 player of Cluj missed but because Felice Piccolo and Emil Dică scored, Cluj won the trophy which was handed to them by Cluj-Napoca's mayor, Sorin Apostu.
|CFR Cluj||2–2 (a.e.t.)||Unirea Urziceni|
MAN OF THE MATCH
- "Supercupa Romaniei se va disputa la Cluj". sport365.ro (in Romanian). 2010-06-22. Archived from the original on 2010-07-17. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- "Deac, cel mai bun om din Supercupa! "Nuno Claro merita acest titlu!"". Sport.ro (in Romanian). 2010-07-18. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
- "EXCLUSIV: Marius Avram arbitrează Supercupa!". Adevărul (in Romanian). 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- "Federatia a decis: se va juca SuperCupa Romaniei!". Sport.ro (in Romanian). 2010-06-04. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Romania - List of Super Cup Finals, RSSSF.com