2008 Slovenian parliamentary election
Parliamentary elections were held in Slovenia on 21 September 2008 to elect the 90 deputies of the National Assembly. 17 parties filed to run in the election, including all nine parliamentary parties. The election was won by the Social Democrats (SD), who then went on to form a government together with Zares, Liberal Democracy of Slovenia (LDS) and the Democratic Party of Pensioners of Slovenia (DeSUS).
All 90 seats in the National Assembly
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
|Ninamedia||15–17 July 2008||25.7%||22.4%||8.4%||6.3%||7.2%||4.5%||1.7%||1.5%||22.3%|
|Ninamedia||20–22 May 2008||22.1%||18.9%||8.6%||6.8%||6.6%||4.2%||2.4%||1.9%||37.1%|
|Delo||26–29 May 2008||19.2%||15.2%||6.3%||5.9%||4.7%||3.0%||2.2%||2.1%||41.4%|
According to exit polls, conducted by the Interstat agency for Radiotelevizija Slovenija, Social Democrats (SD) won the most votes, 32.02%. Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS) finished second with 28.04%. Other parties followed: Zares 10.05%, Democratic Party of Pensioners of Slovenia (DeSUS) 6.74%, Slovenian National Party (SNS) 5.58%, Liberal Democracy of Slovenia (LDS) 5.21%, and Slovenian People's Party (SLS) with Youth Party of Slovenia (SMS) 4.28%. New Slovenia (NSi) and Lipa, the parliamentary parties before the elections, did not reach the 4% limit.
According to exit polls, conducted by the Mediana agency for POP TV, the results are following: SD 31.5%, SDS 27.7%, Zares 9.7%, DeSUS 7.6%, LDS 6.1%, SNS 5.8%, SLS-SMS 4.2%. The margin was not reached by NSi (2.6%) and Lipa (2.3%).
|Social Democrats (Socialni demokrati, SD)||320,248||30.45||29|
|Slovenian Democratic Party (Slovenska demokratska stranka, SDS)||307,735||29.26||28|
|Zares – new politics (Zares – nova politika)||98,526||9.37||9|
|Democratic Party of Pensioners of Slovenia (Demokraticna stranka upokojencev Slovenije, DeSUS)||78,353||7.45||7|
|Slovenian National Party (Slovenska nacionalna stranka, SNS)||56,832||5.40||5|
|Slovenian People's Party and Youth Party of Slovenia (Slovenska ljudska stranka in Stranka mladih Slovenije, SLS+SMS)||54,809||5.21||5|
|Liberal Democracy of Slovenia (Liberalna demokracija Slovenije, LDS)||54,771||5.21||5|
|New Slovenia – Christian People's Party (Nova Slovenija – Krščanska ljudska stranka, NSi)||35,774||3.40||—|
|The Linden (Lipa)||19,068||1.81||—|
|List for Justice and Development (Lista za pravičnost in razvoj, LPR)||5,897||0.56||—|
|Greens of Slovenia (Zeleni Slovenije)||5,366||0.51||—|
|Christian Democratic Party (Krščanska demokratska stranka, KDS)||4,724||0.45||—|
|List for Clear Drinking Water (Lista za čisto pitno vodo, LZČPV)||4,140||0.39||—|
|Party of Slovenian People (Stranka slovenskega naroda, SSN)||2,629||0.25||—|
|Green Coalition: Green Party and Green Progress (Zelena koalicija: Zelena stranke in zeleni progres, ZP)||2,230||0.21||—|
|Forward Slovenia (Naprej Slovenija, NPR)||475||0.05||—|
|Hungarian and Italian national communities||—||—||2|
|Total votes (turnout 63.10%)||1,056,593|
- "Republic of Slovenia Elections for Deputies to the National Assembly 2008". Ministry of Public Administration. Archived from the original on 24 September 2008. Retrieved 21 September 2008.
- "Seznam kandidatov in kandidatk po listah". Ministry of Public Administration. Archived from the original on 27 September 2008. Retrieved 21 September 2008.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080927035610/http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/09/22/slovenia.elections.ap/index.html. Archived from the original on 27 September 2008. Missing or empty
- (08/10/08) (17 July 2008). "Social Democratic Parties Lead in Slovenia | Angus Reid Public Opinion". Angus-reid.com. Archived from the original on 7 October 2008. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- (06/17/08) (22 May 2008). "Social Democracy Leads All in Slovenia | Angus Reid Public Opinion". Angus-reid.com. Archived from the original on 7 October 2008. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- (06/25/08) (29 May 2008). "Slovenian Voters Put Social Democracy Ahead | Angus Reid Public Opinion". Angus-reid.com. Archived from the original on 7 October 2008. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Trojčku 43 mandatov in koalicijski partner? :: Prvi interaktivni multimedijski portal, MMC RTV Slovenija". Rtvslo.si. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Stran ne obstaja - 24ur.com". Volitve.24ur.com. 21 September 2008. Archived from the original on 22 September 2008. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Slovenian parliamentary election, 2008.|
- NSD: European Election Database - Slovenia publishes regional level election data; allows for comparisons of election results, 1992–2008