2004 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship
The 2004 NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Tournament was the 34th annual Division I NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship tournament. Sixteen NCAA Division I college men's lacrosse teams met after having played their way through a regular season, and for some, a conference tournament.
|2004 NCAA Division I Men's|
Penn and Navy played in the first round
|Finals site||M&T Bank Stadium|
|Champions||Syracuse (8th title)|
The championship game was played at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland in front of 43,898 fans, Syracuse University won the championship title with a 14–13 win over United States Naval Academy. The Orange, led by senior Michael Powell who scored the game winner with one minute left in the fourth quarter, won their eighth NCAA championship game. Powell finished the game with one goal and five assists. Syracuse outscored Navy 3-1 in the final five minutes to overcome a 12-11 fourth-quarter deficit.
- * = Overtime
- With Syracuse's 2004 national championship win Michael Powell joins his brothers Casey and Ryan as the first set of brothers to win a national championship with the same school.
- "Attendance Figures for the NCAA Men's Championships". LaxPower.com. Archived from the original on 10 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- "NCAA Lacrosse Division I Results / Records" (pdf). NCAA. p. 3 (51). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Navy Falls to Syracuse in NCAA Championship Game
- YouTube 2004 NCAA Men's Lacrosse National Championship