2002 NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse Championship
The 2002 NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse Championship was the 21st annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of Division I NCAA women's college lacrosse. The championship game was played at Diane Geppi-Aikens Field in Baltimore, Maryland during May 2002. All NCAA Division I women's lacrosse programs were eligible for this championship. A total of 16 teams were invited to participate.
|2002 NCAA Division I Women's|
|Finals site||Diane Geppi-Aikens Field|
|Champions||Princeton (2nd title)|
|Runner-up||Georgetown (2nd title game)|
|MOP||Lauren Simone, Princeton|
The leading scorer for the tournament was Lauren Simone from Princeton (23 goals). Simone was also named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player.
|Notre Dame||Big East||At-large||12-4|
Diane Geppi-Aikens Field
|3||North Carolina (OT)||14|
- Katie McCorry, Cornell
- Jaimee Reynolds, Cornell
- Melissa Biles, Georgetown
- Erin Elbe, Georgetown
- Chandler Vicchio, Georgetown
- Beth Ames, North Carolina
- Jazmine Norton, North Carolina
- Rachel Becker, Princeton
- Sarah Kolodner, Princeton
- Whitney Miller, Princeton
- Brooke Owens, Princeton
- Lauren Simone, Princeton (Most outstanding player)
- "Division I Women's Lacrosse Championship Results" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. Retrieved March 13, 2015.