1st Foot Cavalry Division (France)
|1st Division de Cavalerie à Pied|
|Active||December 1917 - 10 February 1919|
|Engagements||First World War|
Heads of the 1st Foot Cavalry Division
- 1 January 1918 – 16 February 1919 (dissolution of the 1st DCP): Général Brécard
First World War
The 1st foot cavalry division was formed in December 1917, in the region of Vic-sur-Aisne, with parts of the 81st D.I.
Composition during the War
- 4th Foot Cuirassier Regiment from January to November 1918
- 9th Foot Cuirassiers Regiment from December 1917 to November 1918
- 11th Foot Cuirassier Regiment from December 1917 to November 1918
- 65th Territorial Infantry Regiment from December 1917 to November 1918
10 January – 14 March 1918
- Constitution of the region of Vic-sur-Aisne; instruction.
14 – 22 March 1918
- Movement to Chamant.
22 March – 3 April 1918
- Transport by train to Salency ; relieved by the British army.
- Engaged in the 2nd Battle of Picardy : defence of the Crozat Canal, fought and retreated to defend parts of the Oise, towards Varesnes and Pontoise.
3 – 30 April 1918
- Retreat from the front, movement to Ribécourt-Dreslincourt; work.
30 April – 14 June 1918
- Occupation of parts of Thiescourt and Plessis-de-Roye.
- 9 June, engaged in the Battle of Matz: defence of parts of Matz and the Oise.
14 June – 3 July 1918
- Retreat from the front, transport by van to Clermont, in Châlons-sur-Marne, followed by movement to Sainte-Menehould ; instruction.
3 July – 10 October 1918
- Occupation of the area between Ville-sur-Tourbe and the Aisne, expanded to the right on 15 July, to the woods of Hauzy and Beaurain
- 21 July, extension of the front, to the left to Massiges.
- 21 August, reduction to the right, up to the Aisne.
- 24 September, movement along the road, until 26 September, engaged, between the Aisne and Vienne-le-Château, in the Battle of Somme-Py (Meuse-Argonne Offensive) and exploitation : Servon and Binarville; progression directly to Lançon.
10–16 October 1918
- Retreat from the front ; moved west to Sainte-Menehould.
16 October – 3 November 1918
- Movement to the front ; from 18th, occupation of the front of the battle at Termes and the East of Olizy.
- Engaged until 1st November in the Battle of Chesne.
3 – 11 November 1918
- Retreat from the front, rest in Valmy
Organic attachment: 1st Cavalry Corps from January to November 1918
- 15–17 January 1918
- 11 February – 21 March 1918
- 23 – 25 March 1918
- 4 April – 15 June 1918
- 16 June – 11 November 1918