1829 in Australia
- Monarch – George IV
- 2 May – After anchoring nearby, Captain Charles Fremantle of HMS Challenger, proclaimed possession of the whole of the west coast of Australia for the Crown.
- 14 May – Aboriginal mission on Bruny Island opened by George Augustus Robinson.
- 8 June – Captain James Stirling founds the Swan River Colony in Western Australia, landing at Garden Island.
- 18 June – Official proclamation of the Swan River Colony.
- 12 August – Mrs Helen Dance, wife of the captain of HMS Sulphur, cuts down a tree to mark the foundation of the town of Perth, Western Australia.