1795 in Australia
- May or June – The Battle of Richmond Hill takes place between the native Darug people and the New South Wales Corps.
- 7 September – HMS Reliance arrives in Sydney. Among the ship's passengers and crew are the Aboriginal Bennelong returning from a visit to England, the surgeon and explorer George Bass, and midshipman Matthew Flinders.
- 11 September – Floods devastate the farms at Hawkesbury.
- ? - A tornado strikes Sydney, destroying crops and trees in the early settlement, 1st tornado recorded in the BOM's severe weather archives.
- Barker, Anthony (1996). What Happened When. St Leonards: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 978-1-86373-986-3.
- National Library of Australia. "The World Upside Down: Australia 1788 – 1830". Archived from the original on 20 March 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2007.
- The Battle of Richmond Hill, A History of Aboriginal Sydney.