1794 in Australia
- 6 February – Captain John Hunter (former commander of HMS Sirius is appointed as Phillip's replacement as governor. However, he is in England at the time and will not arrive until September 1795.
- 1 April – John Macarthur receives a further grant of 100 acres (0.40 km2) at Parramatta.
- 18 May – Yemmerrawanne dies in England.
- 20 August – A third attempt to cross the Blue Mountains is made, this time led by Henry Hacking; they return on 27th – unsuccessful.
- 17 December – Grose leaves New South Wales for England. His positions as acting governor and commander of the New South Wales Corps are both filled by William Paterson.
- The first road between Sydney and Paramatta is cleared
- 9 June – Possible death of Robert Ross (records are unclear).