15th Annual Grammy Awards
The 15th Annual Grammy Awards were held on March 3, 1973, and were the first to be broadcast live on CBS, after the first two ceremonies were on ABC. CBS has been the TV home for the Grammy Awards ever since. The awards recognized accomplishments by musicians from the year 1972. The ceremony this year was held in Nashville, Tennessee; others before or since have been held in either New York City or Los Angeles.
|15th Annual Grammy Awards|
|Date||March 3, 1973|
|Location||Tennessee Theatre, Nashville, Tennessee|
|Hosted by||Andy Williams|
- Record of the Year
- Album of the Year
- Song of the Year
- Best New Artist
- Best Classical Performance - Orchestra
- Best Classical Vocal Soloist Performance
- Best Opera Recording
- Best Choral Performance, Classical (other than opera)
- Best Classical Performance - Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (with orchestra)
- Best Classical Performance - Instrumental Soloist or Soloists (without orchestra)
- Best Chamber Music Performance
- Best Classical Album
Composing and arranging
- Best Instrumental Composition
- Michel Legrand (composer) for "Brian's Song"
- Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or a Television Special
- Nino Rota (composer) for The Godfather
- Best Instrumental Arrangement
- Don Ellis (arranger) for "Theme From The French Connection" performed by the Don Ellis Big Band
- Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
- Best Country Vocal Performance, Female
- Donna Fargo for "Happiest Girl in the Whole USA"
- Best Country Vocal Performance, Male
- Charley Pride for Charley Pride Sings Heart Songs
- Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group
- The Statler Brothers for "Class of '57"
- Best Country Instrumental Performance
- Charlie McCoy for Charlie McCoy/The Real McCoy
- Best Country Song
- Best Ethnic or Traditional Recording (including traditional blues)
- Muddy Waters for The London Muddy Waters Session
Packaging and notes
- Best Album Cover
- Best Album Notes
- Tom T. Hall for Tom T. Hall's Greatest Hits
- Best Album Notes - Classical
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female
- Helen Reddy for "I am Woman"
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
- Harry Nilsson for "Without You"
- Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus
- Best Pop Instrumental Performance by an Instrumental Performer
- Billy Preston for "Outa-Space"
- Best Pop Instrumental Performance with Vocal Coloring
- Isaac Hayes for Black Moses
Production and engineering
- Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female
- Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male
- Best R&B Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus
- Best R&B Instrumental Performance
- Best R&B Song
- 15th Grammy Awards, at the Internet Movie Database