13th Berlin International Film Festival
The 13th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 21 June to 2 July 1963. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Italian film Il diavolo directed by Gian Luigi Polidoro and Japanese film Bushidô zankoku monogatari directed by Tadashi Imai.
|Location||West Berlin, Germany|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Il diavolo and Bushidô zankoku monogatari)|
|Festival date||21 June – 2 July 1963|
Films in competition
The following films were in competition for the Golden Bear award:
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
- Golden Bear:
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Nikos Koundouros for Mikres Aphrodites
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Bibi Andersson for Älskarinnan
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Sidney Poitier for Lilies of the Field
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Prize: The Caretaker by Clive Donner
- Youth Film Award
- Youth Film Award – Honorable Mention
- FIPRESCI Award
- Interfilm Award
- OCIC Award
- UNICRIT Award
- "13th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 29 March 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1963". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1963". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 1963". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.