11th Venice International Film Festival
The 11th annual Venice International Film Festival was held from 20 August to 10 September 1950.
|Festival date||20 August – 10 September 1950|
Recognized as the oldest film festival in the world, the Venice Film Festival, made its entry in 1932 in Venice, Italy. Founded by Count Giuseppe Volpi di Misurata, the initial hosting of the festival was done in the Hotel Excelsior in Venice. The participating countries in the 1940s were just a handful owing to the breakout of World War II. The turn-out of participating countries, however, shot up in the 1950s and the festival grew internationally. Even films from Japan and India made their entry in that year. With the introduction of new genre of films, the festival took to newer heights and gained worldwide popularity. The festival helped film directors from all round the world in the betterment of their careers.
|English title||Original title||Director(s)||Production country|
|All the King's Men||Robert Rossen||United States|
|The Asphalt Jungle||John Huston||United States|
|Justice Is Done||Justice est faite||André Cayatte||France|
|The Blue Lamp||Basil Dearden||United Kingdom|
|Caged||John Cromwell||United States|
|Stromboli||Stromboli, terra di dio||Roberto Rossellini||Italy|
|God Needs Man||Dieu a besoin des hommes||Jean Delannoy||France|
|Panic in the Streets||Elia Kazan||United States|
|Seven Days to Noon||John Boulting|
|Father's Dilemma||Prima comunione||Alessandro Blasetti||Italy|
- Golden Lion
- Best Italian Film
- Volpi Cup
- Golden Osella
- International Award
- OCIC Award
- Pasinetti Award
- Special Prize
- Kezich, Tullio (1951). "The Venice Film Festival--1950". Hollywood Quarterly. University of California. 5 (4): 373–379. doi:10.2307/1209616. JSTOR 1209616.
- "Venice Film Festival 1950". British Pathe. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Leonard, Ashley. "Venice Film Festival". Bright Hub. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Juries for the 1950s". Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Venice Film Festival 1950". Who's Dated Who. Retrieved 2 September 2013.