...One Third of a Nation...
...One Third of a Nation... is a 1939 American drama film directed by Dudley Murphy and written by Oliver H.P. Garrett and Dudley Murphy. The film stars Sylvia Sidney, Leif Erickson, Myron McCormick, Hiram Sherman, the future director Sidney Lumet and Muriel Hutchison. The film was released on February 10, 1939, by Paramount Pictures.
|...One Third of a Nation...|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Dudley Murphy|
|Produced by||Harold Orlob|
|Screenplay by||Oliver H.P. Garrett|
|Music by||Nathaniel Shilkret|
|Edited by||Duncan Mansfield|
Dudley Murphy Productions
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
- Sylvia Sidney as Mary Rogers
- Leif Erickson as Peter Cortlant
- Myron McCormick as Sam Moon
- Hiram Sherman as Donald Hinchley
- Sidney Lumet as Joey Rogers
- Muriel Hutchison as Ethel Cortlant
- Percy Waram as Arthur Mather
- Otto Hulett as Assistant District Attorney
- Horace Sinclair as John
- Iris Adrian as Myrtle
- Charles Dingle as Mr. Rogers
- Edmonia Nolley as Mrs. Rogers
- Hugh Cameron as Mr. Cassidy
- Julia Fassett as Mrs. Cassidy
- Baruch Lumet as Mr. Rosen
- Byron Russell as Insp. Castle
- Robert George as Building Inspector
- Wayne Nunn as Insp. Waller
- Max Hirsch as Mr. Cohen
- Miriam Goldina as Mrs. Cohen
- Bea Hendricks as Min
- William Pote as Jim
- "one third of a nation... (1939) - Overview". TCM.com. 2011-10-01. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- Nugent, Frank S. (1939-02-11). "Movie Review - One Third of a Nation - THE SCREEN; Dudley Murphy's Film of 'One-third of a Nation' Opens at the Rivoli-'Tail Spin' at Roxy". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "...One Third of a Nation..." Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-08-24.