(I Know I Got) Skillz
|"(I Know I Got) Skillz"|
|Single by Shaquille O'Neal featuring Def Jef|
|from the album Shaq Diesel|
|Released||September 7, 1993|
|Songwriter(s)||Shaquille O'Neal, Def Jef|
|Shaquille O'Neal singles chronology|
The song, which saw its official release on September 7, 1993, was produced by Def Jef and Meech Wells and featured a guest verse from Def Jef as well. "(I Know I Got) Skillz" was a success, peaking at 35 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Shaq's only solo top-40 hit in the US, although he managed to avoid one hit wonder status as he previously scored a hit as a featured guest on the Fu-Schnickens hit "What's Up Doc? (Can We Rock)". The single was certified gold by the RIAA on December 21, 1993, for shipping of 500,000 copies.
"(I Know I Got) Skillz" was also featured on Shaq's compilation, The Best of Shaquille O'Neal and appeared in the film Pineapple Express. Shaq had performed this in Staples Center in Los Angeles in the spring of 2019 whilst singing L.A. Dodgers suck.
Single track listing
- "(I Know I Got) Skillz" (LP / radio version)- 4:23
- "(I Know I Got) Skillz" (remix)- 4:23
- "(I Know I Got) Skillz" (LP / radio instrumental)- 4:08
- "(I Know I Got) Skillz" (remix instrumental)- 4:18
|Billboard Hot 100||35|
|Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks||20|
|Billboard Hot Rap Singles||3|
|Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales||25|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Keith Murphy (2016-09-09). "'Shaq Diesel'". The Undefeated. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "American single certifications – Shaquille – I Know I Got". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- "Shaquille O'Neal feat. Def Jef's (I Know I Got) Skillz sample of EPMD's It's My Thing". Whosampled.com. Retrieved October 19, 2010.
- "American single certifications – Shaquille O'Neal – I Know I Got Skillz". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.