Épinay-sur-Seine (IPA: [epinɛ syʁ sɛn]) is a commune in the northern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 11.3 km (7.0 mi) from the center of Paris. The church of Notre-Dame-des-Missions-du-cygne d'Enghien, designed by Paul Tournon, may be found in the commune.
Coat of arms
Paris and inner ring départements
Épinay-sur-Seine (Île-de-France (region))
|Coordinates: 48°57′19″N 2°18′33″E|
|Canton||Épinay-sur-Seine and Saint-Ouen|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Hervé Chevreau|
|4.57 km2 (1.76 sq mi)|
|• Density||12,000/km2 (32,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
On 7 August 1850, a part of the territory of Épinay-sur-Seine was detached and merged with a part of the territory of Deuil-la-Barre, a part of the territory of Saint-Gratien, and a part of the territory of Soisy-sous-Montmorency to create the commune of Enghien-les-Bains.
Francis, Duke of Cádiz (13 May 1822 – 17 April 1902), king consort of Spain, took up residence at the château of Épinay-sur-Seine in 1881 until his death in 1902. The castle is currently the Épinay-sur-Seine city hall.
From 1902 it was home to the Epinay Studios.
Épinay-sur-Seine is twinned with:
Charles de Gaulle Airport is located about 13 km (8.1 mi) away from Épinay-sur-Seine.
|The arms of Épinay-sur-Seine are blazoned:|
Per fess: 1: Or, a cross gules between 16 alerions, 2: a pinetree eradicated vert between 2 mullets of six points gules.