École des officiers de la gendarmerie nationale
L'École des officiers de la gendarmerie nationale, the French Gendarmerie nationale Officers School, was created in 1901 and based in the Schomberg barracks in Paris. It provides a military education in order to train and teach military officers who enter the officer corps. In 1918, following the First World War, the school moved to Versailles and diversified by including in its ranks officers from other armies. It was not until 1937 that the school was given a flag. This emblem was officially handed over to the chef de corps, Colonel Picot, 14 July 1937, on the Champs-Élysées by the President Albert Lebrun. During the Second World War, the school moved to Pau then back to Paris before finding its current home in the Augereau barracks in Melun on 1 October 1945.