Coat of arms
Location of Varpaisjärvi in Finland
|Coordinates: 63°21.5′N 027°45.5′E|
|Sub-region||Upper Savonia sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Heikki Airaksinen|
|• Total||533.20 km2 (205.87 sq mi)|
|• Land||483.02 km2 (186.50 sq mi)|
|• Water||50.18 km2 (19.37 sq mi)|
|Elevation||109 m (358 ft)|
|• Density||5.4/km2 (14/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality was located in the Northern Savonia region in the province of Eastern Finland. It had a population of 2,899 (31 October 2010) and covered a land area of 483.02 square kilometres (186.50 sq mi). The population density was 6.00 inhabitants per square kilometre (15.5/sq mi).
The municipality was unilingually Finnish.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2010" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- "Population by municipality as of 31 October 2010". Population Information System (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Archived from the original on 2010-12-27. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "1.1.2011 yhdistyvien kuntien uudet nimet". Kunnat.net (in Finnish). Helsinki: Suomen Kuntaliitto. 2 July 2010. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- Municipality of Varpaisjärvi – Official website