VIPRE Email Security, (also known as VIPRE or VIPRE Security) a brand of j2 Global, develops cybersecurity products focused on endpoint and email security along with advanced threat intelligence applications. VIPRE is based in Clearwater, Florida.
|Industry||Computer & Network Security|
|Headquarters||Clearwater, Florida, |
In may 2019 VIPRE Security was merged with Fusemail, a brand that specializes in email filtering and email encryptions and changed name to VIPRE Email Security. After the merger Fusemail was renamed to VIPRE and the two brands became one.
The company was originally founded in 1994 as Sunbelt Software, which was acquired in 2010 by GFI Software. Before becoming VIPRE, they distributed products as ThreatTrack Security. As of 2017 it concentrates on its VIPRE suite and the company now uses that name. The VIPRE portfolio now encompasses endpoint security, with heritage from original Sunbelt Software anti-virus products, and email security, with heritage from the Fusemail and Electric Mail products that had previously been acquired by j2.
In February 2018 it was acquired by j2 Global. It was recently featured in a PC World Magazine article.
- "VIPRE Location Worldwide". VIPRE Official Website. Retrieved December 3, 2019.
- Mike Williams (October 12, 2017). "VIPRE Advanced Security review". Techradar.
- Michael Hinman (July 13, 2010). "GFI Software buys Clearwater tech company Sunbelt Software". Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- "GFI Software Spins Off ThreatTrack Security". www.esecurityplanet.com. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- Neil J. Rubenking (June 26, 2017). "ThreatTrack Vipre Advanced Security". PC magazine.
- "Anti-Virus Comparative: Summary Report 2017" (PDF). AV-Comparatives. February 6, 2018 [December 2017].
- "The best antivirus software for Windows Home User". AV-Test. December 2017.
- "VB100 results from 2017-12 (latest) on Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 Professional". Virus Bulletin. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- Gina Narcisi (February 7, 2018). "J2 Global Acquires Vipre In Bid To Advance Security In The Cloud". CRN.
- Ian Paul (August 23, 2018). "Vipre Advanced Security review: Simple but effective". PC World.