Uskela municipality was founded in 1868. It was merged into Salo in 1967. Surrounding municipalities were divided from Uskela. The last one was Salo as a market town in 1887. In 1967 Uskela and part of Halikko were merged to rapidly growing Salo which needed more area.
Uskela Church (Uskelan kirkko) is the parish church for Uskela. The present church was completed in 1832. It replaced a parish church founded in the Middle Ages dating from approximately 1440. Uskela was the oldest congregation of its region; it was formed in the 12th century. The new church was designed by Carl Ludvig Engel in Empire style. It was built of stone and is one-nave long church.
- "Uskelan kirkko". Muuka.Com. Retrieved November 1, 2016.