Siegfried Bosch is a German mathematician working in arithmetic geometry, focusing in particular on nonarchimedean analytic geometry.
He completed his Ph.D. in 1967 at the University of Göttingen with a dissertation entitled Endliche analytische Homomorphismen (Finite analytic homomorphisms), and received his habilitation degree in 1972. Since 1974 he has been a professor at the University of Münster.
Bosch is the author of several books in algebra and geometry.
- Lectures on Formal and Rigid Geometry, Springer, 2014.
- Algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, 1st edition, Springer, 2012.
- Algebra, 7th edition, Springer, 2009.
- Lineare Algebra, 4. Auflage, Springer, 2008.
- P-adic analysis (Trento 1989), edited with Francesco Baldassarri and Bernard Dwork, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1454, Springer, 1990.
- Néron models, with Werner Lütkebohmert and Michel Raynaud, Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, Springer, 1990.
- Non-Archimedean analysis: a systematic approach to rigid analytic geometry, with Ulrich Güntzer and Reinhold Remmert, Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Springer, 1984.