The Seletar Mall (Chinese: 利达广场) is a suburban shopping mall located in Fernvale of Sengkang New Town, Singapore, next to Fernvale LRT station. Construction of the mall started in late 2012 and it officially opened on 28 November 2014.
|Location||Fernvale, Sengkang, Singapore|
|Address||33 Sengkang West Avenue, Singapore 797653|
|Opening date||28 November 2014|
|Management||The Seletar Mall Pte. Ltd|
|Owner||SPH (70%) |
United Engineers Limited (30%)
|No. of stores and services||132|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||188,000 square feet (17,500 m2)|
|No. of floors||6|
|Public transit access||Fernvale|
|Website||The Seletar Mall|
In August 2012, SPH and United Engineers Limited was awarded a 99-year lease of the triangular plot of land beside Fernvale LRT station and announced that a new shopping mall would be built. Jointly developed by SPH and United Engineers Limited, construction of the mall started in late 2012 and was completed by late July 2014.
In October 2013, SPH announced that it has secured 3 anchor tenants, NTUC FairPrice Finest, NTUC Foodfare and Shaw Theatres. Shaw Theatres which occupies 17,000 sq-ft of level 4, NTUC Foodfare occupies 12,000 sq-ft of level 3 and NTUC FairPrice Finest occupies 23,000 sq-ft of basement 2.
The mall comprises 4 levels and 2 basements. About 30% of the mall is occupied by F&B outlets, with outlets like The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (closed and replaced by Gochi-So Shokudo), Starbucks Coffee and other eateries. It also features the first Oki-Machi outlet in Singapore (since closed and taken over by Potato Corner). The mall is also a eco-friendly development with energy efficient mechanical and electrical systems and environmentally-sustainable design features, it was awarded the BCA Green Mark Gold award
Located just next to Fernvale LRT station, visitors can access the mall via the west loop of the Sengkang LRT Line. The mall is also served by bus services 50, 163, 163A, 550, 592, 671 and 728. Drivers can reach the mall through nearby expressways such as Tampines Expressway (TPE) and Central Expressway (CTE).
- "Seletar Mall to open in November 2014" (PDF). Far East Organisation. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Seletar Mall soon to rise at SengKang". Singapore Business Review. August 22, 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Seletar Mall completed, set to open in November". AsiaOne. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Seletar Mall confirms three anchor tenants". The Straits Times. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "The Seletar Mall secures three main anchors". AsiaOne. 7 Oct 2013. Retrieved 3 Dec 2014.
- "30% of The Seletar Mall will be dedicated to F&B". So Shiok. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "The Seletar Mall receives the BCA Green Mark Gold Award". Singapore Press Holdings. 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.