Rest of the Words of Baruch
The Rest of the Words of Baruch or Paralipomena of Baruch (Ethiopian Säqoqawä Eremyas, "Paralipomena of Jeremiah") is the pseudepigraphical text that appears in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Old Testament Biblical canon. It is not regarded as scripture by any other Christian group or by Jews.
|Old Testament (Christianity)|
- the Book of Lamentations, in its five chapters as in the Hebrew Bible
- some addition to the Book of Lamentation: the epistle to the captives (Lam. 6) and the prophecy against Pashhur (Lam. 7 v. 1–5))
- a text very close to the Greek text of 4 Baruch
- some additional verses of Lamentation (Lam. 7 v. 6–11 v. 63)
- Dillmann A. Liber Baruch in Id Chrestomathia Aethiopica, Leipzig 1866. Also Labdin Th.O The Book of Baruch, in Id. Introduction to classical Ethiopic (Ge'ez), Missoula 1978, 276–297. See also critical edition by P. Piovanelli, Florence 1986
- Cowley, R. W. (1974). "The Biblical Canon Of The Ethiopian Orthodox Church Today". Ostkirchliche Studien. 23: 318–323. Archived from the original on September 23, 2007. Retrieved 2009-06-30.