It is located in the Northern Savonia region. The municipality has a population of 3,175 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 761.98 square kilometres (294.20 sq mi) of which 222.99 km2 (86.10 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.89 inhabitants per square kilometre (15.3/sq mi).
Kivisalmi strait in Konnevesi/Rautavesi border
Coat of arms
Location of Rautalampi in Finland
|Coordinates: 62°37.3′N 026°50′E|
|Sub-region||Inner Savonia sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Risto Niemelä|
|• Total||761.98 km2 (294.20 sq mi)|
|• Land||538.98 km2 (208.10 sq mi)|
|• Water||222.99 km2 (86.10 sq mi)|
|Area rank||161st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||219th largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.89/km2 (15.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14%|
|• 15 to 64||59.5%|
|• 65 or older||26.5%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.5%|
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Southern Konnevesi National Park was established in 2014. It is known for its prehistoric rock paintings.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Natural Features and History Of Southern Konnevesi National Park". Metsähallitus. 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
Media related to Rautalampi at Wikimedia Commons Rautalampi travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Municipality of Rautalampi – Official website (in Finnish)