Plant variety may refer to
- Variety (botany), a taxonomic nomenclature rank in botany, below subspecies, but above subvariety and form
- Plant variety (law), a non-taxonomic, exclusively legal term
- An informal and ambiguous substitute for form (botany) (a taxonomic nomenclature rank in botany, below variety (botany))
- An older substitute for cultivar or hybrid (biology), now discouraged by the International Code of Nomenclature for Cultivated Plants. It is still used especially with regard to grapes and rice.
- Trademarks can be obtained for plants.
- Varietal, a wine labeled by the grape variety used to make it