Pertunmaa is a municipality of Finland located in the Southern Savonia region. The municipality has a population of 1,706 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 454.20 square kilometres (175.37 sq mi) of which 79.7 km2 (30.8 sq mi) is water. The population density is 4.56 inhabitants per square kilometre (11.8/sq mi).
Coat of arms
Location of Pertunmaa in Finland
|Coordinates: 61°30′10″N 026°28′45″E|
|• Municipal manager||Juha Torniainen|
|• Total||454.20 km2 (175.37 sq mi)|
|• Land||374.48 km2 (144.59 sq mi)|
|• Water||79.7 km2 (30.8 sq mi)|
|Area rank||207th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||277th largest in Finland|
|• Density||4.56/km2 (11.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.6%|
|• 15 to 64||58.7%|
|• 65 or older||27.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
Neighbour municipalities are Hartola, Heinola, Hirvensalmi, Mäntyharju and Joutsa. Pertunmaa became an independent municipality in 1926 when it was separated from Mäntyharju. Hartola's old wooden church was moved to Pertunmaa and it was inaugurated in 1927.
Itä-Häme newspaper is published also in Pertunmaa.
Pertunmaa's church village (Pertunmaan kirkonkylä) and Kuortti are both the main villages of municipality, because these are the most largest and populated villages.
Other villages are Hartosenpää, Hölttä, Joutsjärvi, Karankamäki, Kuhajärvi, Kälkyttä, Lihavanpää, Mansikkamäki, Nipuli and Ruorasmäki.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2012" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Archived from the original on 3 October 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Municipality of Pertunmaa – Official website, english, finnish and russian languages