Paul Webster (journalist)
Paul F. Webster is a British journalist who has been Editor of The Observer since 2018. He was previously Deputy Editor of The Observer for 20 years, under Will Hutton, Roger Alton and John Mulholland, and before that, Foreign Editor and Home Editor of The Guardian.
Webster became Editor of The Observer as a result of his promotion by Guardian News & Media editor-in-chief Katharine Viner, who said he would be a "superb" editor. Webster said: "I am delighted and honoured to be appointed editor, especially at such an exciting time in the paper’s development as it relaunches in its new tabloid format." He succeeded John Mulholland, who took up a role as editor of Guardian US in April 2018.
- Twitter, Arun Kakar (2018-01-19). "Paul Webster named new Observer editor as Guardian media editor leaves for Times business desk". Press Gazette. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "Paul Webster | The Observer Journalist | Muck Rack". muckrack.com. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- "Paul Webster appointed new editor of The Observer". The Guardian. 2018-01-18. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "The Observer has appointed a new editor". The Independent. 2018-01-19. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "Paul Webster named as editor of The Observer". The Drum. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
| Editor of The Observer